“I’m running for Mayor because Overland Park needs a problem solver.”
SAFE NEIGHBORHOODS & SCHOOLS
Overland Park is rated among the best places to raise a family, but there are early indicators our ranking may be in jeopardy, specifically rising property crime, drug crime, and violent crime. We cannot turn a blind eye and let this trend become the norm for our community.
- Prioritize neighborhood safety
- Hire & retain the best officers
- Provide the highest standards of training
SMARTER INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING
Quality of life is dependent on ease of access to efficient infrastructure, and quick commutes are critical to attract and keep good jobs. Development and infrastructure must be planned together. Failing to first plan infrastructure to support development has created congestion and is increasingly dividing our city. We can and must do better as our city grows.
- Prioritize quality of life
- Consider all options for 69 highway
- Plan long term, not just a short distance ‘band-aid’
- Leverage federal & state resources first
- Toll lanes should be avoided and the very last option considered
- Replace chip seal with modern, cost-effective surfacing
STOP UNNECESSARY TAX GIVEAWAYS
City incentives intended for restoring blighted areas are today wastefully given to develop already highly desired growth areas– needlessly shifting a bigger tax burden onto our residents. It’s time to stop the wasteful giveaways.
- Prioritize taxpayers, not developers
- Stop incentivizing apartment development
- Use incentives only for blighted areas